Thursday, October 13, 2016

Jammin' with my Berries

A dear friend that I attended college with, Becky, is an Independent Jamberry Consultant.  When she contacted me recently and asked if I would write a blog post and review their product, I eagerly accepted.  I had seen many on Facebook and elsewhere sporting Jamberry nails.

My clone's hand and mine.  The pattern Becky picked for me
perfectly matched my Qalo ring: bonus!
A bit of history before I go any further: I am extremely practical.  I wear make-up once a week, on Sundays.  As a stay-at-home mom who works part-time, this has been the case for the past five years. In my former profession as a classroom teacher, there were days that I did not have time to put my face on, as some say, before heading out the door.  I was au naturel before Alicia Keys made it cool.

Do not be misled, I love being pampered.  Massages and pedicures are the way to my heart!  However, I only treat myself to such pleasures a few times a year.  Manicures have never been worth the investment, in my humble opinion.  My nails typically begin chipping after one week of use.  

Enter:  Jamberries!
My daughter's hands

I was not super familiar with "jams" (what the cool kids call them) except that they looked cute.  Within a week of agreeing to blog about them, I received a Thirty-One bag that had all I needed to try them out.  Becky was quite thoughtful and not only picked out a pattern for me, but sent some for my two-and-a-half-year-old daughter, too.  For complete instructions on how to apply jams, please watch this video.  There is also a Spanish version here.

If you're anything like me, after watching that video, you're thinking, "That's an extensive process..."  I watched it a couple of times and set out all the needed supplies before taking the plunge.  And you know what?  It was easy.  Not only that, but my daughter, who requests that I give her a manicure at least once a week, sat through the whole process while I applied the jams to her right hand!  She peeled them off about 30 minutes later, but she liked them!

My jams after two weeks!  So, I can't be a hand model...
I would liken jams to stickers.  Mine lasted for two whole weeks before finally starting to peel off.  And the reason they started coming off was because strands of my hair (of which there is a lot!) would get stuck in the tiny crevices left due to my nails growing.  Over the course of those fourteen days, they endured:  washing dishes, working in my garden, pruning trees and plants, showering, doing laundry and playing with my three children.  I was surprised at just how durable they are!  And receiving compliments on them was a nice change of pace for me!

Needless to say, I am a fan of the jams.  More importantly, they are affordable.  The designs that are available to choose from are endless!  With the holidays upon us, a quick browse through a catalog is sure to find you something you would like!  Please take the time to browse my friend Becky's website here.  

1 comment: